Sunday, January 11, 2009

Seven.....

Today, Corey and Collin turned seven. My "babies" are not "babies" anymore. It saddens me some but I can also remember a time when I was looking forward to them getting older. It was quite difficult when they were infants. It was tough, at times, when they were toddlers. Now, for me to say that they are seven just doesn't seem real. I won't lie, I miss my babies.

Here are 7 little facts about my boys:


Corey is:
  1. compassionate
  2. funny
  3. always hungry
  4. doing very well in school
  5. a Cub Scout
  6. creative
  7. left-handed

Collin is:

  1. daring
  2. active
  3. a Cub Scout
  4. a little shy at times
  5. doing well in school
  6. funny
  7. right-handed



For their birthday, they got to pick what they wanted for supper. It's funny just how alike, yet so different they can be. Corey chose Chicken Nuggets with cheese and Shells and Cheese. Collin chose Chicken Nuggets (plain), mashed potatoes, and corn. I also asked them what kind of cake they wanted. Corey chose Chocolate with peanutbutter icing, Collin chose Vanilla with peanutbutter icing.

Since their birthday fell on a Sunday this year, they will be taking cupcakes to school tomorrow. I needed 19 for Collin's class (that includes the teacher). Corey needed 20 but requested more. He wants to give cupcakes to the kids in the Life Skills class that come into his class from time to time. I love the fact that he thought of these children and how he sees them as equals. He doesn't treat them any differently, despite their disabilites. Some kids can be cruel, but not Corey. He's such a sweetheart!

Happy Birthday Corey and Collin! Remember, you will always be my babies! (Like it or not! *wink*)



No comments: