Sunday, January 04, 2009

Blabbering.....

I am just getting ready to finally head to bed. I've wanted to blog at other times of the day, other than real late at night, but I've been busy today (again!).

I just looked at the clock. It's hard to believe that 13 years ago at this time (a little after midnight), I was in labor with Bradley. I was on my way to the hospital, if not there already (we had to stop at Mom's and drop Trevor off). My how time flies!


Today started off slow but then before long I was busy. I've been trying to keep up with the housework but it's nearly impossible. My boys are slobs. Seriously. It was a total pig sty in here. That is, until Dennis' dad called and said he'd be visiting. LOL I got it spruced up in here in a hurry!


I do have an excuse for some of the mess. I am finally going to have a dining room again! For quite a while it had been filled with small desks and a small table and chairs. It was mainly used for the computers and Corey and Collin's things.


We went to Ahner's Used Furniture just to check out what he had. We found an oak set that has only 4 chairs, but it was affordable. Dennis thinks that with a little TLC, we can make it look really good or like new. We have 2 extra chairs from previous kitchen sets, so we have enough. Not only that, did I mention, we have a dining room again? *wink* We can easily fit 2 more chairs at the dining room table. :)
We moved the hutch into the dining room, but there is lots more to be done. I don't have nice dishes to display so I am finding things here and there to put in it, without making it look cluttered. It's a work in progress. I'd also like to get a nice tablecloth for the table and we're hoping to paint walls real soon.
Tomorrow will not only be Bradley's birthday, but it will be laundry day too. (did you see me roll my eyes?) The boys go back to school on Monday so I don't want to be searching for socks and fighting to open my eyes at the same time. I know it will be rough getting up since we've been quite lax on the sleep schedule while on vacation.
I didn't forget, and I hope to post pics and such from the holidays. I've got to pull myself away from Facebook. I've become an addict! lol

No comments: