Sunday, January 04, 2009

Busy, but not too busy to celebrate!

Busy, busy day today! I really didn't get much of a chance to sit still. I woke early this morning in preparation for tomorrow. Back to school! (yay!) In between loads of laundry I took down my outside Christmas decorations, cleaned up (but didn't complete) Corey and Collin's beddroom, baked a birthday cake, and made a birthday dinner, gave the boys a bath, and picked up here and there. Whew! Tomorrow just might be a day off for me. *wink*

As I mentioned, I baked a birthday cake today. Today, my son, Bradley is officially a teen. He requested a chocolate cake with peanutbutter icing. Of course, I made the cake from scratch, a box mix just wouldn't taste the same. Bradley also got to choose whatever he wanted for supper. He chose haddock and baked potatoes.

I don't know where those 13 years have gone. I think back and remember how he used to enjoy singing and dancing to Barney. He wouldn't be caught dead watching that now. lol I worried about how he'd do when he first started school. He couldn't even hold a pencil, due to his elevated lead level from the house we lived in throughout my preganancy and until he was a yearr and a half old. It didn't take him long, and he showed us just what he could do. His penmanship hasn't changed much since that day. (Yikes, it's horrid!)

"Brad" is our "thinker". His wheels are always spinning. He thinks of things that I would never give any thought to. He is our "science boy" and really does well in that subject. You could ask him why the sky is blue and he'll tell you. lol I think the boy is brilliant. When he applies himself, he's a genius!

Brad is a Boy Scout and his plans are to go all the way and earn his Eagle Badge. I know he will succeed in that. He really enjoys scouts and has been in it from the start, as a Tiger Cub. He's looking forward to next year, when he's 14, so he can join a Venturing Crew. I'm so proud of him!

Now, when it comes to Bradley's temper....that's another story. He loves to pick fights with his younger brothers and will never let them get the best of him. No one can. He's got an answer for everything and he's always got to have the last word. He can be quite hard-headed.

Brad spends most of his time on the phone with his best friend, Blake. Those two can talk for hours. I'm glad he has such a great friend, since Brad hasn't really figured out just where he fits in. He is angered by classmates that get special treatment because of "who" they are. (I think that's his biggest peeve.)

Brad and I share a special bond. We really enjoy making parodies to songs, we love our times together, just the two of us, in the car. We are so goofy! lol We speak to each other using different accents. (Oh, we sound so bad, but laughing sounds the same in any language!)

There is so much more that I could go on and on about Brad. I love him dearly and miss the times when I could kiss all of his boo-boo's away. He won't allow me to do that anymore. I am not "allowed" to show him any kind of affection, especially in public. lol

It's getting late now and I am exhausted. I'm going to bed. Happy Birthday Bradley! I love you! (Ha! Now everyone knows!) May all of your birthday wishes come true!


No comments: