Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Going to the chapel.......

I don't quite remember what day it was last week but I remember how serious Corey was when he asked me to talk with him in private. He had something very important to talk to me about and it was even more important that no one else hear our conversation. If you should happen to see Corey, please don't ask him about what I am about to post. He'll know that I let the "secret" out. Corey, if you are reading this I hope you appreciate the fact that I blogged this and you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed our conversation.....

Like I was saying, Corey needed to talk to me in private. We went into my bedroom and Corey was so happy when he closed the door and saw that my door has a lock (his doesn't). He locked the door and then sat on the bed with me. In his cutest little whispering voice, I wasn't sure what to expect, and then he layed it on me..... He's getting married and needs my help with the wedding plans!

His main concern was the cake. It had to have a boy and girl on the top, that is, until I explained to him that it didn't have to. His dad's and my cake had two hearts. I asked him if he remembered seeing pics of my wedding, and he did, but he didn't remember the cake. He did remember the picture of his dad with cake on his face, hanging on the living room wall. He needed to know what that was all about too.

Invitations...we'd have to first make a list of who would be coming. Food......we need food to feed everyone that comes! He was so serious and was so sweet as we discussed all of this.

He asked me if I knew who he was marrying. I guessed "Kristen", but I was wrong. She was last week's love. ;) LOL He is going to marry "Madeline"! Wanting to know more about his future wife, I asked an important question, "Does "Madeline" know that you two are getting married?" To which, I got the response, "Not yet". Hmmmm.....he didn't "pop the question yet"...... I kept up and asked, "Does "Madeline" know that you like her? Does she like you?" (hey, you never know?) His response was that she knows and she does like him back. Then, with a somewhat "grossed out" or angry tone, he told me, "She tried to kiss me on the lips!!!" I wasn't sure what to say, but I know that first grade is just a bit too young to be kissing a girl. I responded with an, "Oh no!" and said that they are too young for kissing! He said that he didn't like that and he would not kiss her. He also reminded me of what he had told me once before, "You can't get married until you are at least 18 and older than Trevor." I guess, then, that I no longer have to worry. Corey will never be older than Trevor. ;)

It wasn't long after our conversation that Collin figured out how to get in to my room. He went in Trevor's room and came through the unlocked bathroom door that is shared between the rooms. LOL Corey was a little upset and wanted to know if Collin heard anything. He didn't and they both went giggling off to the living room to get back to their video games.

So, I'm sorry to say, there will be no wedding this summer, no wedding reception (hey, who doesn't like a wedding reception? ;) ). Corey's got lots of time yet and I'm sure there will be many more girlfriends before we find out who the lucky girl will be that he spends the rest of recess, um, I mean, his life with.

Corey, I know that when the time does come, you will make a wonderful husband (and father) one day! You've got such a big heart that is just overflowing with love to share. I love you bunches!!

No comments: