Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mini Relay for Life

K, 1st, & 2nd grade from Mahoning Elementary
It's called a "mini" relay because the kids were only there for part of the day, not the whole day. Kids from all schools in the district participated and it was nice to see some family members that attend different schools. Four laps around the track is equal to a mile. They were sure to walk the 4 laps.

Before the event started, Mrs. Garfield was surprised and honored by a local radio station as "Teacher of the Week". I was so happy and excited for her. She teaches the Life Skills class at Mahoning and I feel she should be honored for more than just a week. She has 10 children in her class with special needs and she is so kind and sweet and adores her students and it shows. Congrats to Mrs. Garfield!
I hope to have a link soon so that as many people as I can get can vote for her to win "Teacher of the Year" (I think, it all happened so fast!). I want to try and get as many votes as possible for her and would love to see her win that. With that, she will also win $1,000! :)

I was surprised and happy to see my cousin Jeff's wife, Jessica there. She drives a bus and transported kids to the track. :) It was so nice to talk with her for a bit.



There's not a whole lot more I can say, so I'll just add some pics and a few descriptions.....

Fourth Grade teacher, Mrs. Rupell's daughter, Breann, singing, "The Star Spangled Banner" before the event started. It gave me goosebumps! She has an amazing voice!





Cousin Brook's daughter, Emily.




Cousin Brook's son, Lucas.

Cousin, Jen's son, "Marky"

"Marky" with his classmates

Cousin Troy's son, Nathan





My neice, Alyssa's little sister, Miranda




My landlady's grandson, Dakota and his friend

Dakota


In no particular order........







****In Honor of: David Moyer****

The wind blew the poster and ripped it and I couldn't find the "sun" with Dennis' Uncle David's name on it. :(

No comments: