Monday, June 29, 2009

Almost Paradise.....


I'm still going strong with song titles! Remember the duet, "Almost Paradise"? Mike Reno (from Loverboy) and Ann Wilson (from Heart). Very popular in the 1980's....

Anyway, I took the boys down to the backyard (I say "down" because you have to go down a BIG hill to get to it!) for some swimming. I wasn't feeling up to swimming, so I took a lounge chair, cell phone, camera, sun screen, bottled water, and a tablet & pen along. I kicked off my flip flops and settled into my lounge chair. After a little while, I decided to do some "old style" blogging........here is what I wrote:

"It's 3:53pm, to be exact. As I sit here on my lounge chair by the pool, my senses are arroused by the sights, sounds, and textures all around me.

Are you picturing serenity? Oh Puh-leeezzzz! Corey and Collin are splashing each other and fighting over a float. They both got one for Easter from their Memmy Hedmeck. They were told not to take them from the package until they were ready to be used. So, in short, Collin's float somehow survived.

Oh, the delightful sounds, Corey whining and Collin's "Mom! Wipe my eyes!" every 3 seconds or so. Corey will soon be swimming in his own tears and I'm wondering how long Collin will let this continue? I've already warned that too much fighting will warrant a "sit out" for a few minutes or the rest of the day if necessary.

Between screams, I aslso hear the wind blowing through the trees. There is a real nice breeze and it makes this spot, at least, more enjoyable.

Just minutes ago, I captured some of these delightful moments with my camera.....Ahhh.....the love.....

4:04pm and they are now giggling, and not surprising to me, sharing. Stay tuned for more fighting in, my guess...., 10 minutes or so.

Every once and a while, I hear the sounds of an ATV, but I hear the constant sound of heavy machinery from across the street. I'm not sure what is being done over there, we hear the sounds so often and slowly see progress. THe owner of the storage units built a big bridge and is preparing the land on the other side of it for something? More storage buildings, maybe?

Ok, I was wrong! 4:08pm and the fighting continues. I try so hard to enjoy myself that I have my eyes lying to me.......they see it as syncronized swimming. Until it looks like there is a shark in there, I'm just going to let them sort it out for themselves....for now.

4:13pm, final warning, both in agreement that they don't want to get out. They are playing a game, similar to "Marco Polo"......that was, until Corey got a mouthful of water, went to the side of the pool and dry-heaved. Upon hearing this, Collin joined in....neither could produce anything. By the time they got to the steps of the pool, to let me know that they are fine, 1 towel has blown into the water. Oh boy! Let's just see what happens when it's time to get out. Two boys and one towel.........I don't even want to think about it!

In just a little over an hour, Dennis will be home, the boys will be prunes (hopefully not wounded prunes) and I will be whipping something up for supper. Not even sure what yet? Until then, I am going to enjoy this lovely day, snap a few pics and let my mind carry me off to the peaceful place it should be. Ahhhhhh.......

As it turns out, within minutes of my putting the tablet and pen away, Dennis pulled into the driveway. I wasn't sure why he was home early? He went in the house and didn't come down to us like I'd thought he would. Corey and Collin were done swimming and we headed up to the house. No big ordeal over the one towel like I thought there'd be! We were heading up the basement steps when I heard the shower was on. It then clicked! Dennis had an appointment to have a wisdom tooth removed!!

Dennis went to the dentist and was back in no time. He ran to the store and I prepared a delicious meal of hot dogs and macaroni and cheese (from the box...blah!).
I was sooooo close to paradise today and I look forward to trying to find it again, tomorrow. Weather permitting, of course. *Sigh*

1 comment:

Anissa said...

I loved reading your post today! I'm still chasing little ones around so the thought of sitting in a lounge chair sounds so wonderful to me! Thanks for the smile. :)