Friday, October 14, 2005

Well, at least the phone is working again...

Did you ever have one of "those" days? Did it ever turn into one of "those" weeks? I'm beginning to wonder, myself. I'm just hoping that it doesn't turn into one of "those" months!

It all started this morning. I was dreaming that I was pregnant with a little girl, and the dream was so real. I kind of remember the alarm clock going off, but then I felt that Dennis was still in the bed, so I just assumed that it wasn't as late as it actually was. As it turns out, I DID oversleep, and it wasn't Dennis in my bed! It was Collin! I woke up, rushed out of the bed, ran out to the kitchen to find out the actual time, and I heard the bus pull up for Brad. UGH! Luckily, the bus goes around in a circle, and I could take Brad to the intersection to be picked up. I called the bus company, and they said it would be no problem for him to get on there. It actually worked out kind of good this way because Brad is normally the first one on the bus, but since he missed it, it would give us even more time to get him ready.

I think because I woke up in a panic, I freaked Brad out a bit, and he got ready faster today than he ever has. After getting Corey and Collin out of bed and dressed, we still had some time before we'd have to be at the intersection. It was then that Brad asked me to cut a penny in half. He was telling his friends that we have a scissors (cutco) that will cut a penny in half, and he wanted two halves for his friends. I don't like to cut pennies, but what the heck, if it would make him happy. I was having a little bit of a hard time with it, but I did get it cut, and he was thrilled. I'm not sure how, because I didn't pinch myself with the scissors or anything like that, but I ended up busting a blood vessel in my finger! It turned all blue and just felt really weird. My second "ugh" of the day!

The bus came, and the driver thanked us for calling ahead, and Brad was off to school. Corey, Collin, and I got home and I fed them their breakfast. I started cleaning up, and it really didn't take me all that long. I then decided to get the Halloween decorations out. I really don't have much, some orange lights, window clings, and pumkin garland (kind of like paper dolls). Because everything gets moldy in the basement, and we have no attic, the decorations are stored in Brad's bedroom closet. Of course, the tote was at the bottom of the pile, so I had to dig it out from under the Easter decorations. It wasn't fun, but I got them out.

I put the tote on the kitchen table. I opened the lid. AHHHHHHH!!!!! A whole bunch of moths flew out!! I put the lid back on, and told the boys that we'd have to open it up outside and get rid of the moths. I now know that if I'm going to keep indian corn from year to year, I will keep it in a ziploc bag! That's what the moths were after, and there were these little black bugs burrowing through the corn. I never had that happen before. Ick!

The boys were excited as I hung lights around the house (inside). I had a very long strand of orange lights that I hung in the hallway. They were so excited! Even though it turned out to be a lot more work, I'm glad that I got them out. I almost wasn't going to decorate. I'm just not as "in to it" this year.

Yesterday, I finally got my phone back, so I guess I should be happy about that. I hope tomorrow goes better than today did. I'm sooooo tired, and I'm hoping that Corey and Collin will decide to sleep in tomorrow, although I just know that they won't. Double Ugh!! Off to bed I go!!

No comments: