Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Maybe I should've stayed in bed today?

It's raining and just miserable outside. It's been like this for a few days now. Poor Brad is going to the Environmental Center at Mauch Chunk lake today on a field trip. Looks like it's going to be a soggy one! I dressed him in layers, so hopefully he'll be warm enough!

Corey and Collin started the morning off just right, too. They were up to watch Brad get onto the bus, so hopefully, this means an earlier bed time tonight. Last night they went into their room and it got very quiet. I thought for sure I'd find them up to something, but to my surprise, they were asleep! I guess, that was the calm before the storm! lol

This morning, Corey announced that he had to pee. I was busy and told him to just go himself, or take Collin with him and I'd be there in a minute. Collin went with him, and I thought all was well. Corey came back out to the kitchen naked. Nothing unusual, he's ALWAYS naked! I went into the bathroom to get his underwear, and it was then that I discovered that he didn't make it to the potty. GRRRRR!!! Armed with a bucket of scrub water, I scrubbed the entire floor, saving the worst part for last.

After the scrubbing, they told me they were thirsty. No problem, I get them their drinks and they were sitting so nicely at the table with them. That is, until Collin decided to reach across the table for something, spilling his drink all over the place!!! AAAHHH!! My scrub bucket is getting a work-out today!

As I type, I've got two naked boys, wearing the dress shoes that are supposed to be in my closet, and endless giggles. This is funny to them. Just minutes ago, it was funny to them to get into the bathroom closet and grab every sheet and pillow case and drag them to the living room. They threw them around for maybe 3 minutes, and surprise surprise, they are now bored with that, and the sheets and pillow cases are still on the floor!

Oh, and I almost forgot! Yesterday, Dennis came home from work and told me that the phone isn't working. He tried calling me from work, but he got a message saying that the phone was disconnected! He called Verizon from work, and found out that it is an error on their part, and the phone should be back sometime today.

The boys are quiet and probably in my room. I'd better go!! (Hopefully, I won't be needing the scrub bucket anymore today!)

No comments: