Monday, September 26, 2005

Could use some prayers

Dennis just got back from the ER a few minutes ago. He's been suffering from terrible back pain for at least 3 weeks or more now. He says it's only been about 2 weeks, but I can remember hearing the moans and groans for much longer. The other night in bed, I heard a loud "crack" as he moved, followed by a moan. This wasn't the first time I've heard it, either.

They did an x-ray at the hospital, and found that the spaces between his vertabrae are worn. His 5th lumbar is twisted. He was given a few prescriptions and told NO WORK for 3 days, and he's to see a chiropractor. He is to stay active, but absolutely no lifting! We're not sure how, but he will get the prescriptions, he HAS to, and he's already informed me that he won't be staying home from work. He has no more vacation days left (today he is using the last one), and there's no way we'd be able to survive a week with only a two day pay. We'll be lucky if we can get through this week as it is.

I wish there were more that I could do for him. I've been praying for him, often. He can be so stubborn, and I will continue to pray and pray that he follows the dr's orders and we are able to afford the prescriptions.

Please, keep him and our family in your prayers. Thank you!

No comments: