Sunday, August 26, 2007

I need something to calm me down

Seriously. I think I should see a doctor. It would not be surprised if all of what's going on doesn't send me completely over the edge!! Just the thought of it all had me a sobbing mess today (and a little yesterday, too!).

Tomorrow is the first day of school. Trevor's "first day as a Senior in high school", Brad's "first day as a 6th grader", and Corey and Collin's "very first day of school". I'm tearing up as I type this! Yikes! I guess, I'm most nervous for Corey and Collin. Well, mostly Collin. He is the least mature. I can't help but place the blame on myself. I just can't let go. (He is the youngest, afterall!)

I'm hoping, that once they are in school for a time, I can look back at this post and laugh at how worried I am (was) for nothing. I'm hoping, in posts to come, that I can write about how great they are doing.

For now, these are my thoughts and/or concerns:

Collin is least mature. He doesn't like to color. He sometimes has a hard time staying on task. He can be quite shy. He speaks softly and quickly. He angers easily. He wants to do what he wants when he wants.

Corey is more outspoken. It's sometimes hard to keep him quiet. I really don't think he'll have a hard time in school. He is quick to learn and not afraid to try new things. He is the "papa bear" type that thinks he knows what's best for everyone around him. He likes to give orders.

I will be doing this all on my own tomorrow. Dennis is going to NJ with his job and won't be home until Tuesday night. Even though it is only an "overnight" thing, I don't like it.

I'm just not ready for all of this. I feel ill.

No comments: