Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Getting better.....

Today was so much better than yesterday. Really, could it have gotten any worse? lol

I took Trevor to work in the morning and called the dentist at 8am. The soonest they could get us in was 4:30pm, but they'd call if there were any cancellations. So, I stayed offline and waited most of the day for a call that never came. We went at 4:30. Corey did really well with the x-rays. I told him they'd take pictures but he didn't have to smile, he'd just have to sit very still, and he did! The dentist was so impressed and told Corey that since he was so good, he could go and get a prize from the prize box while we waited for the x-rays to be developed. Dr. Sherry made sure to tell Corey that he's never allowed anyone to get a prize until the very end of the visit. Corey walked proudly to the box. He picked a bubble necklace shaped like a star. He played with the train table while I talked to the dentist. We'll go back in 2 weeks to see how it looks. If it gives him pain, we are to call, but otherwise, the tooth will stay there until it pushes out on it's own. Dr. Sherry told me that he must have hit "just right" for it to jam up there the way it did, and for it to happen to just one tooth was amazing. (I'm more amazed that I am still somewhat keeping my sanity! ;) )

Dennis is looking a bit better today, but his lips are still a bit swollen. The meds are making him sleepy and more irritable than normal.

We went to K-Mart tonight and put some things on layaway. It's a start and I'll be happy once the stuff is picked up and my kids won't be going to school naked. lol

Now that today is almost over, I feel a little better and I am looking forward to tomorrow being even better! :)

No comments: