Monday, August 13, 2007

I'm trying

I'm trying so hard to snap out of this "funk" I've been in. It's not easy, especially when things go the way they did today. Ugh!

Dennis stayed home from work again. He was sick to his stomach and is swelling up again. Not as bad as it was before, but it's obvious that the meds he's been taking for a little over a week aren't working.

I had an appointment today with Dr. Miller. I've been having some problems and it was time for my "annual" anyway. I didn't have the money to go today, so I called ahead and asked if it would be alright for them to bill me for my co-pay. It would be fine.

I got to my appt. a few minutes early. There was no one in the waiting room. That's not something you see often, but I went to the window anyway to let them know I was there. I was asked to fill out two papers and make any corrections to my insurance information. As it turned out, I wasn't there in about 16 months, so my info did change. I filled out the out the new info and handed her the ins. card. She made an unusual face and then told me that the dr doesn't accept that insurance!! I wanted to cry. It takes a lot to get me to the dr to begin with and now that I finally made the appointment, I was turned away. I asked how much it would cost me out-of-pocket. The visit alone would be a little over $100!!! I had to cancel.

So, now, here I am. I don't know what to do? I don't want to go to any other dr. I've been going to Dr. Miller since I started "womanhood". He delivered ALL of my boys. I wouldn't be comfortable going to someone else. UGH!!!!

It's now another game of "wait and see". I will have to wait until Dennis gets his insurance at his new job (that could be 3 months!) and hopefully Dr. Miller will accept it. I will call the office as soon as I know and hopefully get an appointment then.

I didn't even make it all the way out of the building and I could feel the tears coming. I'm trying so hard to stay positive and to be happy, but it's getting more and more difficult. All I can think about now, is, what's next?

No comments: