Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sleeping arrangements...

The boys were pretty rough on the old beds that were given to us from Uncle Larry. One bed was broken beyond repair, thanks to my over-active and bouncy boys. My mom gave Brad a double bed and we decided to give Brad's old bed to Corey and Collin. They know the importance of this bed, since it is the very bed that their dad slept in when he was young. Collin knows this and was telling Corey all about everyone that has used that bed in our house. He knew that Brad had it just before they did, and Trevor had it before Brad. He told Corey that I slept in it before that and his dad slept in it first. (There we go again....I think they see us as siblings?? lol)

At first, they were pretty good with having the old "different" bed. They'd alternate each night until Corey decided they should sleep in it for a week at a time before they'd switch again. That was alright for a while, too, until they forgot what day of the week they'd started with.

Tonight, I got a bit frustrated by all of the bickering. Collin came to me asking if whoever cleaned the bed off (tons of stuffed animals!) to sleep in it should be "the one" that gets to sleep in it that night. I thought it sounded pretty fair, at first, until I asked who'd slept in it the night before....Collin did!

We were "brainstorming" how to solve this problem. Bunk beds were mentioned and I told them that bunk beds wouldn't change much because they would both want the top bunk and they'd fight over that. They each gave each other reasons as to why they should get the top bunk. Corey told of how he would not be afraid if the Johnson's made a zip-wire from the roof of their house to our pool, he would not be afraid of how high up it would be. Collin told Corey that he is not one bit scared of heights. It became a competition until Collin decided that 2 sets of bunk beds would solve the problem. He even showed me where the bunk beds would be positioned in their room.

So you see, my boys can fight over things that they don't even have. I'm not quite sure just how we'll fix this problem and I'm sure there will be many more fights over it until we figure it out.

Oh, and in case you were wondering who got "the" bed tonight.....it was Corey!

No comments: