Thursday, March 19, 2009

Interesting, to say the least.....

Almost every time I talk to my Aunt Karen, she tells me that my life is interesting and how much she appreciates my sense of humor. I love to laugh and I think it's a very important part of my life. I'm not sure where I got my sense of humor from? Probably both sides of the family. I'm so grateful for that. A day without laughter is a day....well, I'm not sure how the rest goes but if I were to finish it, I'd have to say, A day without laughter is a day that my pants stay dry. (Definately get that from Mom's side of the family! ;) LOL)

Sometimes, it's one of those, "you had to be there" things, but the past few days I am laughing at (with) my kids.

For example, the other day we were driving in the van when Corey pipes up with, " I know where John the Maniac lives". W H A T???? Turns out, he meant "John Stafiniack (Stuh-fin-e-ack). John is in a higher grade than Corey and also a boy we know from scouts. Ok.....guess you had to be there.

Tonight, Bradley is researching subliminal messages. HUH? Some may call him strange, but I think it's kind of funny, but neat, the way his brain works. He's already wanting me to try and wake myself everyday at 3am to read posters on my walls (have to be white with black lettering he says). Sure Brad! LOL

And then there's Corey, again. LOL Today his main objective was to keep track of how many times each of us has passed gas. Yes, you did read that correctly. We had to let him know if it was loud, silent, and each and every one of them was to be counted.

By now, you are probably thinking that there is something wrong in my house. Maybe too many fumes off of the furnace? No. We watch, probably too much, television. Not long ago we watched, "Myth Busters". Corey was amused by one of the myths about flatulence. Each of the crew on the show recorded what they ate and what made them gassier. Beans were a proven gas giver. lol So, in his own way, Corey is doing some Myth Busting of his own. LOL Ok,....maybe you had to be here for this one too. LOL I have to add, though, just for future reading that Dennis passed the most gas today. *wink* (Let's hope he's done, I'm soon going to bed!)

Alright, while I'm still on the subject, I guess I should add, too, that it's not just my immediate family. Just last Saturday night I received a phone call from Aunt Linda (mom's sister). I was to complete the following...... "Beans, beans the magical fruit..the more you eat the more you toot.....________________________. I learned that there is more than one ending to that, depending on where you grew up, and sorry, Diane, but I have to say that I'm somewhat glad that I didn't grow up in Jim Thorpe! *wink* LOL Now that I think of it, my dad grew up in Jim Thorpe so I will have to ask him how he thinks it ends. I'm not sure that it will match Diane's version. LOL (Message to self, ask Diane to repeat her answer so it can be documented!)

If you are reading this and made any sense of it, that's great. If not, just have a good laugh because you are so confused. If you are a member of my mom's side of the family, feel free to pee your pants. I know I will.....laugh. :)

No comments: