Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Happy Birthday to me.....

Yes, today is my birthday. Do I have to tell you how young I am? Ok, I'm 39, but I don't feel 39. I'm not really sure how old I feel, I just know it's not 39. Confused? Age does funny things to you. *wink*

It's been quite the day, to say the least, but no real celebration. I'm ok with that. :) I'm hoping to talk Dennis into going out to eat this weekend. (I'm pretty good at getting what I want. lol) Tonight was just too busy.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I've been having many thoughts about many things lately. Today, "Big Rich" Ahner was on my mind. I'm not sure how many years it's been since his passing, but I know that he is missed. I think of him today, on my birthday, because of what he told me on the way to my sister and (now ex, and since passed away) brother-in-law's wedding reception. We got on the subject of birthdays and he asked me when mine was. I said, "March 4th", and he replied with, "that's a command". Huh? I didn't get it at first, until he spelled it out... March Forth. Of course, I thought that was neat, and have remembered that ever since (1991). Rest in peace, Rich.

My dad and brother were here for a little bit this afternoon. I was talking to my dad, not too long ago about pictures. I was telling Dennis about the awesome camaro dad had and how I remember when he brought it home. He made an amazing transformation! (Yes, my dad is THAT good with cars!) So, today he brought out a photo album and told me I could scan the pictures for myself.

The pictures aren't just of his camaro. There are other pics in there that really had the memories flooding back. Good memories. My dog and her puppies, the skinny and scrawny me (oh that was sooooo long ago! LOL), dad's gas station, and of course, his cars. I remember the '56 Chevy and when it got hit. Oh, dad was upset, to say the least. I'm hoping to get the pics scanned sometime tomorrow and I'll post some.

I just have to laugh at today. It was so funny that dad was here and wished my brother a belated birthday. Ted's birthday was Feb. 7th. I didn't have the heart to tell dad that today was my birthday. The poor guy has always had a hard time remembering birthdays. I'm not sure where I got it from, but birthdays seem to be one of the only things I can remember. LOL (I'm different, that's for sure.)

I texted my sister, Chrissy, today and found out that Glenn is recovering. The poor man is in pain, but he's alive. Thank you, God. ** I don't think I got to post that Glenn had open heart surgery yesterday. Had he not gone to the hospital when he did, he would not be with us today. He had 3 blockages, 80, 90, and 100% blockages. The boys and I have cards with well wishes to be mailed to him, but of course, Dennis misplaced the stamps he just bought last week. I'll be going to the post office tomorrow. (That way, after I buy more, we'll find the lost ones. lol) Glenn could be home as soon as Friday or Saturday. I am just amazed by all of it. That was a major surgery!

I'm just getting ready to head off to bed now. And, I have to laugh some more. The cats were so quiet up until just minutes ago. Now, they are batting noisy things around on the linoleum. Ha ha!! (I love them dearly, so they get away with just as much as the kids!)

Just in case you are not aware, tomorrow would be Andy Gibb's birthday. (More memories flashing back.) When I was young, he was my idol. One year, I even sent him a birthday card with a note saying that mine was so close to his. ROFLOL

And, keep in mind, and mark your calendar. The 26th of this month is Kenny Chesney's birthday! (I'm like a kid again!) (And, Lisa M., I remember that it is also your birthday that day! )

Well, I am calling it a day. I am very tired.

No comments: