Thursday, July 03, 2008

Remember when...part 3

12/09/04- "Buddies"
Today was kind of sweet. Corey and Collin watch "their" shows until 1pm. I get the tv from 1 to 2pm. At 2pm, it's back to being "theirs". We watch Teletubbies and then Boobah. As Teletubbies cam on, Collin went to the couch and sat down to watch. I don't even think a whole minute passed before he called out to Corey. "You sit here", as he patted his hand aside of himself on the couch. Corey eagerly ran over to the couch to sit aside of his "buddy".

Then, Collin said, "No, get closer". Corey did, and there they sat, so cute and so quiet. It's times like those that they just melt my heart! They definately do share a special bond that I don't think many others could say they've had with their siblings. The can sometimes, I say sometimes because they have their moments, too, be each other's best buddies!

? not sure of the date-
I found this written in one of my notebooks.
If I had a nickel for everytime.......
  • someone asked, "Are they twins?"
  • someone asked "Are they are identical"
  • someone would say, "double trouble"
  • someone would say, "are they yours"
  • someon would ask, "how do you tell them apart"
  • someone would say " boy are your hands full"
  • I'd have to say "no!" to them
  • they'd climb on something
  • I'd find a new brusie on their legs
  • they'd take their diapers off
  • someone would say, "I'm exhausted just watching you chase them around"
  • someone would ask, "Where are the boys?" (when I'm out alone)

2 comments:

anissa said...

I love your "remember when" posts, what a treasure! People said all those things to me too, I love the "are they all yours?" and the "what are the age differences?".

BTW, what is a rootbeer barrel?

Tammy said...

LOL Anissa! It's a hard rootbeer flavored candy, shaped like a barrel. (It's brown.)