Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happiness

I like laptops. I am now in my bedroom as I type this. It was just too darn hot in the dining room. Dennis has the air conditioner on in here and it feels nice.

Tonight I'm in a pretty good mood. A little bored, maybe, but happy. I like the way it feels and it's nice that family and friends are noticing the change in me. I've noticed it too, but I didn't realize that it would be so obvious to others.

Dennis and I cut Uncle Leon's grass tonight. Uncle Leon is to take it easy for a few weeks since having stents put in his heart. He had 2 blockages. It really feels good when he and Aunt Pat tell me that I look good and just seem so much happier. They've noticed. What they probably didn't realize is that my happiness is also because I was doing them a favor. I'm happiest when I can help, and so is Dennis.

Since I'm feeling kind of happy tonight (and maybe a little bored, too) I want to make a list of some of the "little" things and even the "big" things that make me happy.

Happiness is........(in no particular order, of course)

Hugs with that little extra squeeze
A good hair day
Having a mom that totally "gets" me
Dennis's change in mood lately (happiness is contagious!)
Taking Brad to Boy Scouts
Time to myself while Brad is at Scouts
Playing with Corey and Collin
Catching fireflies and then letting them go
My "wanna-be" garden
Swimming in the pool
Quiet times at night on the front steps
My Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins and the closeness we share
My friends that are always there for me
Flip flops
Kenny Chesney
My camera
Kind strangers, you know, the ones that smile and hold the door for you
Old photographs
Family get-togethers
My brother's jokes
Being with my sister
My nieces and nephews
Thinking about grandchildren (someday, let's not rush it!)
Honeysuckle
Rain drops
Kittens
Puppies
Summertime
My backyard and the animals that visit
Learning more about my family
Knowing that there is a God
My blog (I can ramble all I want! lol)
Memories
Clothing that still fits from season to season
Mowing grass
My iPod
Krispy Kremes
Butterflies
Aunt Betty's Sour Potato Soup
Decorating for the holidays
Bedtime stories
Laughing at the kids' jokes, even when they don't make any sense
Candle light
A new pair of shoes
Visiting family and friends
Giving up your space in line for the person with less items behind you
Letters, postcards, and cards
Accomplishments
The beach
Birds chirping
Garbonzo beans and French dressing
Old "home movies"
Warm apple pie ala mode
Singing in the car
Raisinettes
Camping
S'Mores!
Scrapbooking
Air conditioners
Learning something new

Oh, I could go on and on, but I will leave it at this tonight. I have a few other places I'd like to visit online tonight before I go to bed.

Enjoy!

No comments: