Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Parade



I'm so proud of my "Scout", Bradley. Today was the Memorial Day Parade, here, in Lehighton. He doesn't really like parading and complains that it hurts his feet. It's amazing how quickly his attitude changes when he is reminded of the soldiers that have fought and are fighting and how they have and are "marching" in much harsher conditions. Today, he was marching in their honor.

The parade makes two stops. One at the SS Peter & Paul Cemetery and it ends in the Gnaden Huetten/Lehighton Cemetary where they have a memorial service. I buy a Poppy every year and we get an American flag to wave as the paraders march into the cemetary. It's really moving, yet I enjoy it every year.




Just look at how much he has grown in just four years! The pic on the bottom is from when he was a Wolf Cub in 2004. He loves scouts just as much today as he did back then, and so do I! I couldn't be more proud!

No comments: