Saturday, July 28, 2007

A ride in the country


After supper tonight, we decided to just go for a ride in the van. Dennis and I both agreed that this was something we needed to do more often. It was nice. We were in no hurry to get somewhere, no worries about being late. We didn't go very far, and we didn't have to.


As always, I had my camera with, and I guess it's a lot like fishing. There were two "good ones" that got away. The first one was a doe near a corn field, and the second was a young buck. As soon as he spotted us, he darted into the woods. I didn't expect them to "pose" for me, but it would've been nice! ;)
Before we could come home, we had one stop to make. We went to the "little gas station" (that's what we call it) on Mahoning Street and treated the boys to slushees.

No comments: