Monday, August 03, 2009

"Days Go By"......

("Days Go By", Keith Urban)


It's hard to believe that summer vacation iw winding down already, even though it feels like it's just begun. In just 30 days, Bradley will start his final year at the Middle School, and Corey and Collin will begin their 2nd grade adventure. I am hopeful that this year will be the best one yet! Brad will be at the top of the "food chain" and I am also hopeful that he will have a much better experience than he did last year.

I am excited to see how well Corey and Collin do being in the same classroom. Second grade was a memorable year for me, since my teacher was fabulous! I'm even more excited since Corey and Collin will have the very same teacher that I did, Mrs. Lewis! She is one of those teachers that is there because she loves teaching and not because "it's a job". I just know that my boys will love her as much as I do/have. I plan on being a parent volunteer and helping out at the school as much as possible.

I will be setting a few goals for myself, as well. I will try and use my Wii Fit every morning and make better use of my time this year. Normally, people start exercising on January 1st, as a resolution, but I've decided to start when they go back to school and I won't have to "fight" with them for my time to use the Wii. I will be real happy if I can shed a few pounds and will look forward to getting up each morning and seeing results! (fingers crossed! lol)

The biggest thing for me will be to conquer my cigarette addiction. It's a shameful, and not to mention, dangerously unhealthy, habit. Had I known then, that it would be this hard to quit, I would've never even tried it!

Another goal that I've failed at several times, is that I'd like to become a better blogger. So many of my friends have them and I just love to read them. I'd like mine to be caught up. It's fun to go back and read. I almost feel that I should document every moment because time is just whizzing right by. ****I'm heading in the right direction, already, with this...I've been writing before bed each night and I am typing this from my notebook right now! YAY!!

While I am sad to see summer drawing to an end, I am anxious to start a new school year and a new me, in a sense. Summer has always been my favorite season, the season where most memories are made and the most carefree. I will still have summer on my mind and body in the winter.......It's amazing how long I can hold on to a tan and tan lines! Haha!!

No comments: