Friday, September 26, 2008

Health Insurance, a complete turn around

I can remember, about a year ago, when I was so desperate for Dennis to get health insurance through his employer. We needed it soooo bad. The insurance that he had prior to that, at another employer was expensive and not so great.

Fast forward to today. I am so thankful to have this health insurance. I've already enrolled in a depression management program and I am currently waiting for my enrollment to be completed for two other programs. I should soon receive my quitting smoking packet and information, and then I'll get my packet for losing weight. I'm excited about getting healthy and I'm so happy that this all has been offered to me for FREE!!!

Today, I was even more thrilled, really it doesn't take much, but I went to an Optomitrist for an eye exam and new glasses. I've been wearing my current glasses for a little more than 6 years now.

I called on Wednesday and got an appointment for this morning at 10:30am. I am happy to report that my eyes are good and healthy and my lenses haven't changed a whole lot (my right eye was worse). I picked out frames and ordered the scratch cover for the lenses. I should have my new specs in about 2 weeks or less. Are you ready to hear how much I had to put out of my pocket???? Ok, since I've rambled so much already, I won't make you guess.....it cost me just $20!! WOO HOOO!!

I'm sure I'll share a pic when I get them. :) I had no help in picking them out, so if I look like a dork it's because I've said, many, many times, that I am not good at making decisions. LOL

"See" you all soon! ;) (pun intended)

No comments: