Saturday, December 15, 2007

Visiting Santa

Corey (left) & Collin (right)

Every year, around this time, we go to Weissport to see Santa and to let him know just what we'd like to see under our tree on Christmas morning. This is such a bittersweet thing for me. It's amazing how fast life seems to be flying by. I think back to when each of my boys was terrified to sit on this strange man's lap. I got to go through this at three different times in my life, when each of them was small.
Today, Corey and Collin gave no fuss and had no problem telling Santa what they wanted him to bring to them. They still have a bit of shyness to them when they speak, but they didn't need any coaxing to get on his lap. It saddens me that I won't have this for too much longer. They will revert back to the day that they didn't want to get on his lap, just as their big brother Brad did this year, and big brother Trevor did years before. Once you hit "that age", it's not "cool" to sit on his lap. I must admit though, even at my age, I would've like to sit on his lap and tell him my Christmas wishes. lol






No comments: