Monday, January 02, 2006

happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy..........

I've been wanting to just post about good things, and not negative ones, so tonight, I'll have to work extra hard in order to accomplish that. LOL Luckily, I have a great sense of humor, because today, I really needed it!

I slept much later than I would've liked to, but it did feel good to finally do some catching up. On a normal night, Corey or Collin will have me up at least once during the night for a drink of water or to be covered up. Last night, was a "straight through" sleep, and it felt pretty good. When I opened my eyes this morning and saw that it was close to 9:45am, I was shocked, and I got right out of bed. It's been soooo long since I'd slept so late!

The day was a typical day in the Moyer household. Dennis made sure that the couch didn't get up and run away, Trevor and Brad made sure their tv's and video games got some wear and tear, and Corey and Collin did everything in their power to make sure that there was plenty for this mom to do.

I started the day with my usual morning routine, but I started it a little later than normal. I did the dishes and straightened up the house. (I've really got to get in the habit of doing the dishes right after supper!) As soon as the last dish was washed, Dennis decided that he would make breakfast, and start a new pile of dirty dishes for me. So thoughtful!

I was on and off of the computer, worked on my jigsaw puzzle,did a few loads of laundry, cleaned the litter box, and ate some candy (so far,eating candy was the best part!lol). Before I knew it, it was time to start supper. I was to be at a meeting (parent's meeting for cub scouts) at 6:30pm. I wasn't sure there would be a meeting, since the weather is supposed to get bad. Some say we could see 3-5 inches of snow, some freezing rain, etc before this storm moves out. The meeting was not postponed, since it was just raining outside. The "bad" stuff would be coming much later at night and in the morning.

So, I made a list of things for Dennis to get from the store. I had myself so hungry for spaghetti with sharp cheddar and bacon sauce! Dennis ran to the store and got me everything I needed. I fried my bacon, dumped it in the pot. Melted the cheese, dumped it in the pot. Then, I dumped the tomato sauce in with the bacon and cheese. I thought something smelled a little "off", but then thought maybe it was the cheese? It's been soooo long since I last made it, that I wasn't sure what it should smell like. I dipped my finger in and gave it a taste. YUCK!!! I then sniffed the can with the remaining sauce in it. YUCK!!! It was obviously spoiled! I was sooo mad! I just wasted the bacon and the cheese!!

So, I got the receipt from Dennis and called the store that he bought it from. I explained to them that the sauce was nasty, and I felt a little foolish, but I also asked them if they would replace the bacon and cheese that this sauce had ruined. I was told that I'd have to speak to the manager. They transferred me to the manager, and I explained what happened to her. Her first question to me was, "What are you making?" LOL I told her, and after a few minutes of talking, she told me they would make good for the sauce AND for the bacon and cheese that was ruined because of it. I was happy about her response, but I wasn't exactly happy about having to make the sauce a second time.

While I was on the phone, Dennis went into Corey and Collin's room to "check in" on them. They were giggling, and that usually means they are up to no good. Yup, you guessed it! They WERE up to no good. I'm not sure when, but it was sometime between me making the bad batch of sauce and my phone call, that Corey and Collin got ahold of the box of spaghetti. They had it all broken up and thrown all over their room! Dennis was sooooo mad. So much gets wasted around here, and it's usually Corey and Collin doing the wasting. He added spaghetti to his new list and headed back up to the store.

I made my second batch of sauce, and it was delicious! I hurried and ate and then I had to get ready for the meeting. I didn't have a whole lot of time! Long story short, I was late for the meeting! UGH!

The meeting didn't last long at all. Maybe because I missed some of it? I don't know, but when I got home, I went straight to Corey and Collin's room and started to pick up the spaghetti. I imagined how nice it would've been if someone else would've had it all cleaned up, but that would be a real big stretch of my imagination. I have such a supportive and helpful family. grrrr...

Cleaning up the spaghetti probably would've been a lot easier if my lovely boys wouldn't have pulled every article of clothing from their dresser drawers and had it scattered all over their room. I also discovered that they had some fun with the treats for our kittens. Two little canisters of cat treats were the meatballs for their spaghetti. Luckily, the cats don't like the treats, or they'd be walking around with very full bellies right now.

I wasn't exactly sure how to clean up the mess. Some of the noodles were very long, while others were very small. It wouldn't be easy to vacuum, but it was a real pain to be on my hands and knees trying to pick it all up. I gave up and got the vacuum out. YEAH RIGHT! I think it took me longer that way than if I would've just stayed on my hands and knees! My poor vacuum cleaner, the one that's been on it's last leg for close to a year now, was just picking it up and putting it down somewhere else. The hose blocked up several times and I had to try and unblock it. I really should take a pic of my vacuum and share it with the world. It's a real sight to see, and works about as good as it looks! Hopefully, if things go right, I will be able to get a new one in the very near future. My next one won't be a "ride on" and I'll probably have to keep it under lock and key if I want it to last!

I eventually gave up, and decided to call it a night around 10:30pm. The kids had to go to bed, and I was missing "chat night". I went on the computer, and that's where I've been since. Now, here it is, sooooooo past my bedtime, and I'm rambling away here. I hope I'm not keeping you up too? LOL

So, I will finally go to bed now. I'm hoping to have a real pleasant dream. In my dream, we will be having "take out" and my maids will be keeping my house real clean!!

Night! :)

No comments: