Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Vaccuum Cleaner Blues

I can hear the rumble of thunder in the distance, hoping the storm will be here soon. I don't really mind thunderstorms, especially on days like today. Today isn't much different from most days here. I've cleaned up spills, chased boys out of places they shouldn't be, and I've had the vaccuum out two times already. (The second time being it's last). Today is the day that I think I will have to lay my poor vaccuum to rest. The poor thing. So vibrant and new on the day it was brought into my home. It would suck up anything in it's path and would make the pile of the carpet stand up just like the hairs on the back of my neck when I would hear a song that would touch me so.

I can remember the day I brought it home. I couldn't wait to use it. The vaccuum that it replaced was burning more belts than the dirt it was picking up. I really don't mind running the vaccuum, as long as I have a good vaccuum to do the job. To see my poor vaccuum now, some would laugh, I'm sure. The beater bar is missing a wheel, the canister is missing a wheel, there is duct tape on two parts of the hose, the cover is missing/broke off of the attatchment compartment, it's missing attatchments, and tape (was) holding the wand together. It was a real sight to see.

I knew this day would come, but I was hoping it would've been closer to income tax return time. That seems to be the only time that we can somewhat afford such a fine piece of machinery.

Rest in peace, my friend.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

anissa said...
You are too funny! I wish I felt that way about my vacuum but we just haven't bonded in that way. LOL! I hope that you are able to find a good vacuum to take its place.

1:00 PM