Monday, March 02, 2009

March certainly is coming in like a lion.....

It's just been a weird sort of day for me today. Last night, we watched the school closings and delays scrolling across the bottom of the tv screen, hoping for at least a delay. NOTHING.

This morning, when we woke up, it was snowing and windy. The weatherman said the storm missed us. The snow got heavier and heavier. If you don't have snow where you live, I guess it would be hard for you to imagine. When I'd look out of my window, I just felt as if I were in a snowglobe. The snow didn't come straight down, due to the wind, I guess. It just kind of floated around and there was so much of it.

Bradley didn't want to go to school. Nothing unusual. He'd feel the same way if the sun was shining too bright. *wink* We were glued to the tv screen this morning, fingers crossed, but as the time got closer to leave, we knew there would be no delay or cancellation. Brad boarded the bus, and off he went.

About an hour later, Corey and Collin were to head off. Dennis stayed home today in anticipation of this "big storm", so I had him drive the boys to the end of the driveway. By this time, the snow was REALLY coming down! He took them down and told me that he was going to take a little ride to see how the roads were and he'd possibly go in to work anyway.

As the bus pulled up and my boys hopped out of Dennis' car, the bus driver opened his window. He told Dennis that the schools would be letting out early. HUH? Then WHY did they send them in the first place???? I should've just kept the boys home, but they really wanted to go. Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday and they have a celebration planned at school.

Dennis took a little ride and found that the highway was better than our road, but since the snow didn't seem to be letting up, he wasn't going to chance going to work. There are too many big hills on his way.

The boys all came home, safe and sound, and it almost instantly stopped snowing. The sun even came out. The wind didn't really die down and the snow on the ground was blowing everywhere. I feel so bad for those kids that had to walk to and from school today. It was bitterly cold out there!

Tomorrow, there is no snow in the forcast (thankfully), but the temps are going to really dip down. With the wind chill, it is supposed to feel like 10 below! Ugh!

I've been watching the tv screen for a while, and still no delay. Many other schools are having a delayed start tomorrow. Of course, by morning, things could change, at least I hope so, for the "walkers'" sakes.

I've had many thoughts cross my mind today. Some good, some bad. I'm experiencing technical difficulties with our new computer. I can't wait for a fresh start tomorrow. I'm hoping for a less stressful day and I'm keeping Glenn in my prayers as he goes in for open heart sugery in the morning. Chrissy is in my prayers too, as she has to try to slow down her workaholic husband. Love you, little sister! :)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

My name is justin moyer and I live in Katy TX, however most of my Moyer family is from up north specifically Milan Ohio but originated from PA. We have a website (moyermadness.com) which has our family history. Please reveiw site to see if we are related. My email is justinmmoyer@hotmail.com.