Friday, January 06, 2006

Really, cats don't like water!

I'm not allowing Corey and Collin to play in their room for a few days.(They destroyed two days in a row with frosting one day, and cupcakes the next!) They are not at all happy about it, but it's not like I'm depriving them of their toys. There are toys scattered all over the house. They certainly are determined little boys, because I caught them using the broom handle to unlock their door (we have a hook & eye lock on the door). They thought they were funny when they got in. I put the broom in their room and locked it again. Minutes later, they took the plunger from the bathroom to unlock it. I put that in their room and locked it again. Their final attempt was with the toilet brush. They got the door open and I did the same thing again. After that, I think they got tired of that game, and they played in the living room.

My biggest mistake was thinking that I would be able to make supper once they were somewhat settled. Little did I know, they decided to play in the bathroom, and they thought it would be fun to put some shampoo on Skittles (one of our kittens)! It wasn't like she was covered in shampoo, but it was enough for me to think that if she was to clean herself, she'd be blowing bubbles for a while. My main concern, though, was her getting sick from the shampoo.

I wasn't sure what to do, but I was pretty sure that what I HAD to do to get the shampoo off of her. I'd have to rinse it from her hair. I don't ever recall giving a cat a bath, but I imagined it wouldn't be easy. As much as I hated to do it, I held her with one hand and used the kitchen sprayer and tried to rinse it out. She most definately wasn't enjoying it, but she never hissed at me like I thought she would. My left arm is full of scratches from her trying to get away, but at the same time, I think she's glad to have it off of her. After I rinsed her, I put her in a towel and dried her off as best I could. The poor little thing clung to me, and looked so pitiful with her hair weighed down from being wet.

I was a little worried about her, at first, because she isn't normally so happy to be held like that, let alone dried off with a towel. After a little while of holding her and trying to get her dried off, she finally wanted to get down. She seems to be doing just fine now, and she actually smells pretty good, too.;)


I can only hope that tomorrow will be better.

No comments: